The Nebraska Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (NAND) will host its 2nd annual "Fuel Up with Color" 5K race and 1 mile kids' fun run & fitness challenge. This year's 5K and 1 mile fun run & fitness challenge will be both competitive, for those runners who are actively involved in races, as well as family-focused to promote fitness and healthy eating in Nebraskan families while having fun. The 5K race will be a traditional race along a great course at Holmes Lake. Nutrition messages will be spread out along the course to remind you the importance of healthy eating and fueling our bodies with COLOR! The 1 mile kids course will be a "fun run" for kids ages 12 & under that will include 5 physical fitness challenges along the course. Each challenge stop will focus on a different food group. At the end of the race, kids will be given colorful stickers from each of the 5 food groups. By promoting the 5 food groups during the races, we are encouraging all runners to "fuel up with color" from nutritious foods to help lead a healthy life!
Distances: 5k and 1 Mile
Race Day: September 28, 2013
Racer Check-in Start: 7:00 AM
Race Start Time: 5k - 8:30 AM; 1 mile - 9:30 AM
- 5K Race:
- Ages 13 & Older:
- $23/person (before September 16) $28/person (after September 16)
- Ages 12 & Under/Seniors 60 & Over:
- $18/person (before September 16) $23/person (after September 16)
- Note: Add a DriFit shirt for ONLY $10. Option will be given during registration, but only until September 16.
- Ages 13 & Older:
- 1 mile Kids Course:
- Ages 12 & Under:
- $13/person (before September 16) $18/person (after September 16)
- Ages 12 & Under:
- Price includes: T-shirt, swag bag, post-race refreshments and food, online registration fees and 1 mile entry fee.
Custom T-shirt will be provided to all entrants registered by September 16. Those that register after September 16 are not guaranteed a shirt.
Online registration will close at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, September 25. However, we will STILL take registrations on race day! Registration on race day will open at 7:00 AM.
We highly recommend all race participants pick-up their packet at our pre-race packet pick-up on Friday, September 27th from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM at the Lancaster County Health Department located at 3140 N. Street in Lincoln. If you cannot make the pre-race packet pick-up, your packet will be available on race day at Holmes Lake at 7:00 AM.
Awards & Prizes:
A Brooks Running gift card will be given to the top overall male and female. The top two male and female finishers in each age category will receive gift cards to a sporting goods store to help support a healthy & active lifestyle. Awards will be presented in the following areas in the 5K:
Top overall male & female
Top two male & female in the following age groups:
12 & Under, 13 - 19, 20 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50 - 59, 60 & Over
1 mile finishers will receive a participation ribbon.
All Runners will receive a t-shirt, swag bag full of healthy food, coupons and recipes booklets, and post-race refreshments and healthy food.
The race results for the 5k race will be posted in real time as racers cross the finish line. 5k race participants and spectators can view the results at any time during and after the race! http://results.bazumedia.com/event/results/event/event-5681
- The 5k race will be professionally chip timed by Red Dirt Running Company.
- Bring canned goods to help support the Food Bank of Lincoln - A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Food Bank and their BackPack Program. The Backpack Program's mission is to help alleviate child hunger in southeast Nebraska by providing hungry children with nutritious and easy to prepare food at times when other resources are not available. Our goal is to provide funding to this program to help feed more hungry children and their families. Additionally, the event will host an onsite food drive with donations going to the Food Bank of Lincoln.
- Please click here for a list of the most needed food items.
- Please visit our FAQ page for more information.
- Please consider donating to the Lincoln Food Bank through the Nebraska Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. For every $1 donated, the Lincoln Food Bank is able to provide $5 worth of food to families in need.